DALI Power Module
The DALI Power Module is a DIN-rail mounted controller for DALI-compliant digital addressable loads, referred to as control gear. It provides DALI bus power and control for two independent DALI buses with up to 64 DALI-compliant digital addressable loads each.
• Provides power for two buses of DALI-compliant digital addressable loads:
– 128 mA guaranteed current
– 250 mA maximum supply current per bus
• Each DALI bus can control a maximum of 16 zones.
• Power failure memory retains programming in the event of a power loss.
• DALI Power Module can be used in a HomeWorks QS system to control and manage light in an entire home or building.
• 230 V~ 50/60 Hz 80 mA
• Lightning strike protection meets ANSI/IEEE standard 62.31-1980. Can withstand voltage surges of up to 6000 V~ and current surges of up to 3000 A.
• Stand by power: 7 W
• BTUs / hour when fully loaded: 24
• DALI bus Output: 16 V(DC)
128 mA guaranteed supply current,
250 mA maximum supply current per bus.
• Lutron Quality Systems registered to ISO 9001:2015.
• IEC 60669-2-1
• DALI-2 Certified
DALI Control Gear Compatibility
• DALI-2 Certified; Compatible with DALI control gear (e.g. LED drivers).
• The LQSE-2DAL-D is a single master controller and therefore no other controllers may exist on the same DALI bus.
• Surrounding Air Temperature Range: 0 ?C to 65 ?C (32 ?F to 149 ?F).
• Relative Humidity: less than 90% non-condensing.
• Calibration point maximum: 75 ?C (167 ?F)
• For indoor use only.
• Mains Wiring: 1.0 mm2 to 4.0 mm2 (18 AWG to 10 AWG)
• DALI bus Wiring: 0.5 mm2 to 4.0 mm2 (20 AWG to 10 AWG)
• QS Link Wiring: 0.5 mm2 to 4.0 mm2 (20 AWG to 10 AWG)
• Minimum wire temperature rating = 65 °C (149 ?F), copper wire only Mounting
• Mount in a Lutron DIN Panel (see spec 369788) or in an IP20 (minimum) rated consumer panel or breaker panel with integrated DIN rail.
• Width = 9 DIN modules (161.7 mm or 6 3?8 in).
• For more information on mounting and installation in panels with integrated DIN rail see Lutron P/N 048466 at www.lutron.com.
Programming and Compatibility Requirements
• The LQSE-2DAL-D can only be used with the HomeWorks QS system.
• Setup and programming of the DALI Power Module is done through the HomeWorks QS programming software.
• Up to 64 DALI compliant loads on each bus can be addressed and grouped into 16 zones.
• DALI Power Module supplies a maximum of 250 mA to power each bus.
• DALI Power Module supplies a guaranteed current of 128 mA to power each bus.
• DALI Power Module has an integrated bus power supply with polarity indicated on the unit.
• Some DALI loads may be polarity sensitive. Refer to individual manufacturers' specifications for proper connection to the DALI bus.
• Short circuit protection with automatic restart.
QS Link Limits
• A QS link in a HomeWorks QS system can have up to 512 zones (outputs) and 100 devices. A DALI compliant digital addressable load counts as 1 zone unless specifically grouped into zones from the HomeWorks QS software.
• Each DALI Power Module counts as one device toward the 100 device limit.
• A maximum of 8 fully loaded DALI buses may be connected to a single QS link.
HomeWorks QS Wallstations
• HomeWorks QS wallstations can be configured to control DALI Power Modules with the HomeWorks QS programming utility.
• LED indicator displays the status of programmed lights.
Troubleshooting and Maintenance Features
• Maintains redundant memory of control gear programming for ease of single or multiple control gear replacement.
• To verify DALI lights connected to DALI bus 1 and bus 2:
– Enter Test Mode: Press and hold Test button on the DALI Power Module until the Test LED starts flashing.
– Test: Each press of either the DALI 1 or DALI 2 button will cycle the lights between high-end, low-end, flash and off for that bus.
– Exit Test Mode: Press and hold Test button until Test LED stops flashing.